Don’t forget we have to wake up Green Day tomorrow.
Ok just a reminder to everyone: If you’re planning on tweeting billie joe armstrong “wake up” or something tomorrow, DON’T. The song is about his father’s death and so it’s really personal and treating it like a joke isn’t the right thing to do. Plus he’s asked so many times for people to stop and no one listens so yeah. Please don’t do that.
- Azula: I'll need an elite squad in order to capture the Avatar.
- Azula: *proceeds to recruit two women*
- Azula: *proceeds to DOMINATE AND BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST THREATS OF THE SERIES WITH HER TEAM OF THREE TEENAGE GIRLS BASICALLY THE TRIO IS COOLER THAN YOU*
- Cop: *pulls me over*
- Cop: Name, license and registration.
- Me: Tatiana Maslany.
- Cop: ...
- Cop: Damn, srry I barely even recognized. wow ur so talented ur free to go.
And people laugh when I tell them women are still invisible in this world. —
Things I did not know, but should.
This is a post that might save a life.
My mom worked for 25 years as an ER nurse and is convinced that a lot of women die simply because folks only know heart attack symptoms that occur in males.
Society thinks our bodies are so scandalous that it’s better to put our lives at risk than to show us how to stay safe
A friend of mine was having a cardiac episode recently, and it began with jaw pain. I had never heard of this before, and god help us, she had to explain to me how cardiac events present in women WHILE HAVING ONE. (I didn’t disbelieve her, I just had idea what the jaw pain meant.)
She is fine now. But if your heart is failing, I suspect you have better things to do than explain to your slow but well-meaning friend the symptoms of a heart attack in women.(via thatassholewhat)